Monday, November 14, 2011

The last of Hawaii

I almost forgot that there was a little more of the trip to tell about. On Wednesday evening we flew to Oahu. We stayed in a hotel in Honolulu that was just blocks from Waikiki beach. On Thursday morning Jeff, Jane and I went for a walk and ended up having breakfast pretty much right on the beach.




I thought we had pictures of the food we ate there because it was so delicious. Jeff had macadamia and banana pancakes and I had pineapple and coconut pancakes. The best part was the coconut syrup they had with them. So excellent.
Tom flew in that afternoon and we headed to the north shore to go to the beach. It was kind of a cloudy day so it wasn't that great for beach time but we had fun. On the way back to Honolulu we stopped at the Dole plantation.


This tree is really cool. Look at those colors. They are naturally occurring. Crazy.


We got the pineapple ice cream. It was really delicious.
The next day we went up to Laie to go to the Polynesian Cultural Center. We first stopped off at temple just to see it.




Then we headed to the PCC. It was really interesting. They had different sections for the different polynesian islands that you could go and learn about them. We then had food there at the buffet. Overall the food was pretty disappointing, in my opinion. There was a show in the evening. That was cool and integrated all of the different cultures into the show. While we were there, Jeff was able to add another instrument to his collection. He bought a Ukulele.


The next day we went to the Pearl Harbor memorial or the USS Arizona. It was really interesting. You could see the boat still on the bottom of the ocean. That boat has the bodies of all of the people who died still in it. They were never able to get them out. Also the boat continues to leak oil which is crazy after all these years.


That morning Tom, Jeff and I went to Waikiki beach to get some final beach time. We ended up taking them boat ride were they catch watch and ride them back to shore. It was really fun and we got an extra ride because Tom dropped his paddle. I didn't get any pictures of it because I got my camera all wet and ruined it. So sad. Luckily, it was just my little point and shoot camera.
We flew out that night. The flight was overnight and luckily Jane slept the whole way. This meant that I didn't get to sleep but it is ok because I crashed when we got home. We had a really good trip. I have to sad that having Jane with us did make it a little harder but I am glad that she came. I am also so glad that Tom was able to join us for the last little bit. And again to thankful for my mom and all her help on the trip. It was a lot of work for her to get there and for them to get back.
Also one more thing. Did anyone notice any change with Jeff over the vacation. See if you can notice.

Here is one from the first day. You might have to click on the picture to look at it bigger and see.


Here is one from the end of the trip.


Who can see what is different? Who is going to win the prize?

2 comments:

  1. I know, I know! Facial hair is different! Super cute pic of Jane with the flower behind her ear. I loved looking at all your pictures ... It made me miss Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete