Saturday, November 5, 2011

Hawaii

I think I am going to need to break this into a couple of post. There are just so many pictures and things to talk about with our trip. Sorry if it ends up being so boring but I guess I think that some people with care ;) So we took 3 legs of flights to get there. The longest being from LA to Hawaii. Jane actually did pretty well on all of them. Luckily, my mom was on the last leg of the flight with us, so that was fun. (not so fun for her because she had spent 2 days in airports trying to get out there because she flies standby) We had spent all day traveling and by the time we got to the place we were staying it was like 2 am our time. So we decided to take it easy the next day. We slept in some and then hit the beach.




This beach was literally right across the street from the condo we were staying in. It was a good beach. It was Jane's first beach experience and she wasn't havin the sand. We had to sit her on the towel. She also didn't like the water at first. I don't know if the sound of the waves scared her or what. After about an hour, I walked into the water with her and she didn't mind. We then put her into a floaty thing and she was happy to just hang out there.
That night we went to a taco place for dinner. The only reason that this is significant is that it was the first time Jeff had fish tacos that he said could rival the ones I make. Believe me, it is significant, because he has tried a lot of fish tacos.
The next day we caught an early sacrament meeting and then headed to the road to Hana. Hana is actually a little town that you have to drive to on this really windy road. It is very scenic and you are often driving along the coast. Sadly, I did get a little car sick. That is unusual for me and so that just tell you how windy it really was.



You can't tell that well but there is a little town down there. There is only one road that goes to it.



There were a bunch of these bridges along that road that were for only one car at a time. They were often on a curve too so you had to stop and make sure no one else was coming.


There were some waterfalls just along the side of the road. There is usually more but we were there in the drier season, unfortunately.



So we got to Hana and one of the things that makes the town so unique is the 'black' sand beaches. It wasn't really black, just dark. It was pretty though.



We stopped there for lunch and then headed back on the really windy road. I didn't get as sick on the way back, thank goodness. The last thing for the day is that we stopped at some waterfalls. We were able to fulfill a dream of Jeff's to swim in a waterfall. It was pretty exciting. There were two falls but only  one was deep enough to actually swim in.






My mom and Jane watching the action. So exciting. Oh my goodness, so many pictures and this was only 2 days of our trip. I will try to make it a little shorter next time. Stay tuned for some snorkeling and a  crater.

3 comments:

  1. They have blacker sand than that--did you get to see any?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - so places that beautiful really do exist! Amazing.

    I'm with Jane - sand is gross.

    I believe I've had Kim's fish tacos and speaking as a SERIOUS fish hater - they are freaking amazing.

    I think you may have to change the subtitle of your blog - looking through your last several posts I would say that your lives are pretty much anything BUT boring. That would be a better subtitle for a blog that has posts about fruit peels and nail clippings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear about the rest and see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete