Sunday, September 15, 2013

She's 3

So I am really far behind in my blog posts. I decided that I am going to work backwards. For some reason that seems easier to me. So the most recent thing to happen is Jane's birthday. I can't believe she is 3. So crazy. It is really funny how fast time goes, especially when you are wrangling two little ones. When we were at Disneyland (more on that later) she told the fairy god mother than she was going to have a chocolate birthday. So we tried to accommodate that. Although we didn't get celebrate with cake until Friday (her birthday was on Wednesday) we did go out for ice cream on Wednesday night.


She had fun being able to choose her flavor and topping. It is hilarious to watch her eat ice cream because she takes the tiniest bites. She doesn't like to get brain freeze.



This is when we told her that she could have chocolate cake.


Much to Jeff's chagrin, I made a 'healthier' cake for her. I don't bake much so when I do I try to make it a little better for us. This is a gluten and sugar free cake. I know that sounds bad but it was actually pretty good. Don't worry though because that is chocolate butter cream frosting. It literally has like a pound of butter in it. It was delicious. Even Jeff really liked it. Oh and to clarify it did have maple syrup to sweeten the cake.


Amongst a few other presents, she scored a bike (thanks craigslist). She is still getting used to it but was pretty excited.


She also got fairy wings, a rapunzel necklace and this sweet glowing wand. 

 

Jane is such a fun girl. She is really outgoing and chatty all of the time. She loves to sing and dance. She recently loves to play with Grant a lot and is so sad when I put him down for naps. She recently started Joy School and really loves it so far. She loves to wear dresses and constantly has her new rapunzel dress on (if you can't tell from the photos and such). She makes life so interesting every day. We sure love her.
Just as an added bonus. Here is a video of her singing with Jeff. She loves when he sings and she started singing along with him a couple of months ago. 



No comments:

Post a Comment