Monday, June 20, 2011

Visitors

We finally had some people come and visit us just over a week ago. Jeff and I were getting kind of lonely without any friends and kind of sick of just talking to each other :) I kid, but it was so good to have people here. It was also nice because that weekend was my brothers wedding and all the family was together. My very good friend Megan and her parents came. It was great because Megan lives in San Antonio so I don't get to see her much. She was visiting her parents in Boise and they made the long drive up here. Luckily, they have a Prius so gas wasn't too expensive. I love being around Megan and her family. They are so fun and we laugh a lot. I have always loved that Megan parents will do the things that the kids are doing. They will play the games, get in the dirt or ride a roller coaster right along with the kids and grandkids. It always makes being around them interesting. 
We explored the city some, ate, did some shopping, ate some more, went to Banff N.P. (specifically lake louise, which is in the park), ate and played games. Did I mention we ate? It really is one of the things Meg and I love to do together. It is funny because I really didn't become interested in cooking until Meg and I lived together. Ok so here is the photo extravaganza of the trip.




I love how Jane is looking at Meg in this pic.



She was lovin the Moby that day. She held on to that tag for a while. She loves having stuff in her hands.




Isn't it so pretty. This is at Lake Louise.


The water there is a pretty blue green color. It is from the glacier run off.


Meg's parents.


Benji had to stick her feet in the water. Ya it's cold.


The hotel at Lake Louise. Jeff thought this was the hotel from the Shinning. Not true. That one is in Este Park, Co. FYI


They had a Cows ice cream in the town of Banff. What is the significance of that you ask? Well it was started on PEI were Meg and I served our mission. We used to get it there. Good stuff.


Jane really wanted that ice cream. She was eyeing it the whole time I was eating it. 


She is so excited to be out and about. That excitement wore her out and this was like this at the end of the day (for those who haven't seen them already).

Jeff thought that most exciting thing was the Strawberry pie.


It was Benji's birthday while they were here. To celebrate Jeff made his mom's famous Strawberry pie. He totally nailed it. Really just as good as the time I had it when Beverly made it. He has become quite the baker. It is a good thing because i don't really bake, just cook. 
So we had so much fun with Meg and her parents. We hope lots of other people come and see us. I know Jeff's parents are planning a visit and anyone else is welcome. 

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you guys had such a great time! Jane is so incredibly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish that I could have been there to laugh with you girls! I think that we had some great times in that little house. I also give credit to Megan for expanding my food horizons as well. She is a fantastic cook! Looks like you had a wonderful visit. I need to get in touch with her. Is she on FB? (I'm going to check right now!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still thinking about that strawberry pie! We had a blast there. I miss all three of you. Annemarie really misses you since she missed out.

    ReplyDelete