Friday, June 3, 2011

Black Knight

My family lived in South Jordan, Ut when I was In 6th grade. We only lived there for a year, as my mom remarried and we moved. We lived about a 10 min walk from this little restaurant called Black Knight. I don't remember what the served, except for their fries. They were spicy and delicious. I would often walk up there just to get the fries. I had never had anything like them and have searched all of these years to find an equivalent. It took me over 20 and lots of lots of fries but the search is over.


Some of you may recognize these. They are the cajun fries from Five Guys. Five Guys is all over the states but I never tried them until I came to Calgary. Good job Five Guys, your burgers are average but your fries are the greatest. Thank you for taking me back to a good time. A time of going to school with my favorite cousin (you know who you are), of swimming in irrigation water in the school yard (with the boy I liked, no less), of going out to lunch with Ms. Koch in her iroc Z (which was so super cool but would never happen today. I mean going in a teachers car to lunch, crazy), sleeping on the trampoline with the temple to light the night and the bringing of 2 families together. I have to say it was a pretty good year. Isn't it interesting that you could get all that from some fries. That is why I love food.

3 comments:

  1. I've been on facebook too long. I wanted to like this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my first run in with these fries last April, while in Indiana. THEY ARE AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I agree with you on Five Guys. Great Fries, so-so burgers. Loving how you are waxing all poetic.

    ReplyDelete