Wednesday, May 25, 2011

1st attempt=failure

I posted before about how I was going to try and make cupcakes myself. Well we did just that this last weekend. It didn't go so well.


I have realized that looks can be quite deceiving with cupcakes. They may look good but taste bad. This one doesn't look that great either as I am not very good at the frosting thing yet. So first problem is that the cupcake was supposed to be red velvet but it was brown. Then the tops got kind of crusty and the frosting was not nearly sweet enough. Lastly, they didn't really taste like red velvet. Oh well. I am not giving up. If I have learned anything about cooking/baking it is all about finding the right recipe.
On a happier note: don't you love it when you hear a song that you haven't in a while and forget how much you like it. That happened to me this weekend when Jeff and I were driving and he picked Jenny Lewis to listen to.


There is a little cameo in there by Sarah Silverman. Interestingly, Jenny Lewis started out in acting. Some of you may have seen this movie.


Yup, Troop Beverly Hills. That is Jenny behind Shelly Long. I remember watching this movie. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. I blogged about that song too awhile back:

    http://mushbellyblog.blogspot.com/2008/05/jenny-lewis-and-watson-twins.html

    Jacob got me a guitar for Christmas and 4 guitar lessons. I only learned how to play a couple of songs, but that was the first one I learned. Thanks for reminding me that I need to practice!

    ReplyDelete