Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Mom

This past weekend was mothers day and it was my first. Honestly, I didn't feel much different from every other day being a mom. Maybe you are not really supposed to or maybe I will when Jane is older, who knows. Jeff did try to make it a good day for me. He took Jane in the morning so I could sleep some more (Jane has yet to have a good night sleep since we moved here). He does that a lot on the weekends. He cut me up a bunch of fruit for breakfast (best breakfast ever) and he also made me dinner. He got me some flowers and such. He was really great. We should have documented it with some pics but it seems like we really only take pictures of Jane these days.
Speaking of.....Jane had her first experience with 'real food' last week. I was thinking that it could be why she wasn't sleeping well (sadly it made no difference). She loves to eat which she gets from me. She gets so excited whenever she knows I am giving her food and has started to look longingly at the food we have. I have only given her fruit so far. She is a HUGE fan of mangoes (who isn't though). My sister told me about this great thing that is mesh and you put the food inside and they basically suck it out. Here are some pics. 


Look at the light reflected off that bald noggin. 


This one is a little blurry but so dang cute.


This is how excited she gets every time she gets to eat food.

Despite her sleep issues, she is still a pretty happy girl. She has her days but I think she might be teething some as well. That has really been the most exciting things that have happened to us. I know that you all think since we are in a new place that we would have all sorts of cool things to talk about. Well not yet. I know I have blamed the weather for not getting out much but it has also been my own laziness. It does look like that weather is changing here (more on that later). We are really still just doing the normal stuff like going out to eat and watching movies, stuff like that. Jeff has another 4 day weekend coming up soon and we are making some plans for that. 
Ok back to Jane. She loves other babies and kids. She always smiles when she see them. This includes herself in the mirror. If she is upset, inevitably putting her in front of the mirror will calm her down. In this one she sees two babies. 


Oh and yes she is feeling groovy in her tie dye shirt. Not sure where I inherited that from. That is it for now from the great north. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you started a blog!

    Jane is so cute. Sorry about the sleeping thing....hopefully that changes soon.

    Michelle (your best cuz)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when she kisses herself! Thanks for sharing! And happy 1st Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um...you really don't know who gave you that shirt. Duh!

    So FREAKING cute when she realizes her arm is moving at the same time as the baby in the mirror. You can tell she's still totally confused about it. hahahahah! LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome. Soooo stinkin cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought all kids liked mirrors so I put one in front of Ruby the other day. No reaction. Apparently when you're 2.5 weeks old you don't get it...

    ReplyDelete