Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Raw Birthday

I know that some of you people think I am kind of a freak about food (mostly Jeff's family ;) Jeff really wanted Jane to have a cake that she could eat with her hands and would get all over her. Well she hasn't had any sugar, wheat, oil and all that stuff. So I kind of didn't want to kill her with an overload all of those things. So I decided to make a raw dessert. What is that, you wonder? Well I made a chocolate mousse pie that was made out of avocado, agave (a sweetener) and cocoa powder. The crust was almonds, dates and a little lemon juice. Okay you are not going to believe this, I made whipped topping out of cashews, honey and vanilla. I was amazed by that one too. I couldn't believe how much it tasted like whipped topping. Delicious stuff. Don't knock it till you try it.
Enough about the pie. My mom came into town and so we decided to invite some friends over and make a little party out of it. We even got party hats.




Jane didn't really get opening the presents. She didn't get to pull of the wrapping and so my friends daughter just ended opening most of them.


Here is Jane with some of her swag.


There is the raw chocolate mousse pie. It really was a hit. Even Jeff really liked it and don't believe him if he says otherwise.






She was a little hesitant at first but as you can see, she went to town on that pie. In this last picture, the band holding on her hat had slipped up to her mouth and she kind of looks like the joker. We had a good laugh about that. Overall, the party was a hit and Jane loved the food. Unfortunately, mother nature decided to give Jane a present too and she has had a bit of a cold since her birthday. It is not horrible but we had a couple of bad nights because she couldn't breathe very well.
Here is a little video of some of the festivities.


Thanks for the birthday wishes. We especially loved the video from the Knudsens (we are excited to see you guys and meet claire).

9 comments:

  1. I am laughing so hard...that joker face is AWESOME!

    YEA FOR RAW FOOD! I think Bridgette will get the same type of treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be honest, a whipped topping made from cashews, vanilla, and honey sounds amazing. Imma need me that recipe, yo.
    But yes, you are a weirdo with your food. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are to die for. We can't wait to have you guys back. Can we have the recipe please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics! Happy Birthday Jane!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pictures, although Jane somewhat reminds me of the Joker in the last one. Probably going to have nightmares tonight. . . again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FYI - Jim = James, you know, your favorite one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The second to last picture somewhat reminds me of the alien from "Mac and Me", luckily, remembering that movie led me to finding this awesome clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdvO0tmNjGo
    Tell Jeff I miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That clip was one of the sweetest things I have every seen. Nothing like and inpromtu dance twice in a matter of minutes. Neither of us have seen that movie though.
    Why does it say Jim when this is James. Jeff misses you too and is excited to see you so soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was skeptical when you said chocolate mousse pie and then I saw the word avocado...but I should know by now that ANYTHING you make is delicious! Happy birthday baby Jane! I can't wait for these girls to meet! We've gotta plan a trip out.

    ReplyDelete