Monday, February 7, 2011

The first post

So here we are in the blogosphere. As one of his new years resolutions, Jeff decided he wanted to do a weekly or biweekly family letter as some of his family members do. We you see that has not happened yet. I thought that this would be easier and we could both post on here. We will try to keep up on some of the things we are up to lately and post pics as well. I will try to not make this blog all about how freaking cute Jane is, but it will be very hard because she is so cute. So here are some recent happenings.
A couple of weeks ago it decided to be nice weather here and so we took advantage and went on a hike with some friends.
As you can see the river is still kind of frozen but is was mid 60's 

These are our friends James and Camille and their son Jacob. He is one month older than Jane although he was supposed to one month younger. We do a lot of stuff with these guys so get used to hearing about them. 


That was the weekend of our birthday. After the hike, Jeff got a massage because that is what he wanted for his birthday. Then we went out to eat with some friend. Jeff surprised me by inviting friends without my knowledge. He also let us get sushi with he never wants to get and I love. It was really delicious. We then went out for ice cream. We didn't do much on the day of our birthdays as it was Sunday.

This last weekend we went to Utah for the Miner brothers annual ski trip. I went along as it is an excuse to see my family. I went skiing once with them a couple of years ago. It was pretty miserable because I tried snowboarding for only the 2nd time so I decided that I would just let them to it. Now I can just visit my family instead. Jeff neglected to take any pictures of their skiing but said he really loved it. They got a great deal and so went to the Canyons the first day and Brighton the second. Jeff kept saying on our drive home how much he loves being with this brothers. It was really cute. I just hung out with some of my family and didn't do much of anything, except get a hair cut (which I always do when in Utah). Overall it was a good weekend despite the drive. Jane is not in love with her carseat and is not one of those babies who just falls asleep in the car, sadly. That is about the jist of things now. More later.

4 comments:

  1. I SO LOVE that you have a blog now~ Way to go but of course, it is lacking because you forgot to mention how much you love to hang with your sister. But you know, I won't complain because I LOVE you and was just SO GRATEFUL you came & we all got to give Jane loves and kisses. I already miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that youstarted a blog. I find that it is so much easier for me then the weekly letters were and everyone gets to see pictures. Don't worry about it being all about how cute Jane is because you have good reason to brag - she is "so feaking cute." I look forward to the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for inviting me to the blog party. It's nice to be able to see what you guys are up to. And Jane IS darling!

    ReplyDelete