Friday, February 11, 2011

Paranoia

There are so many great things about Jeff. He is such a good guy and is really perfect for me in so many ways. There is one way in which we are really different. Most of you know that Jeff tends to be a worrier, especially when it comes to his health ("my face is tingling, my face is tingling" thanks for that Dan). I tend to be on the other side of the spectrum and can't be bothered with worrying about much of anything. Well at least that is how I was until I had Jane. Now I have the first time mom worries and I feel a little ridiculous about it most of the time.
So yesterday Jane developed a little cough. When I say little I am not exaggerating. She probably coughed only a half dozen times. I make this point because my thought process does not match what is actually going on. In the middle of the night she was coughing a woke up me as well as Jeff. It went on for only a minute or so. I then fell back to sleep and found myself dreaming about terrible things happening to her. Look at this face though, how could I not be worried.


I keep reminding myself that she is not acting any different and things like that. So why am I posting about this? Well two reasons I guess. Firstly, I can understand more of what it is like to be in Jeff's head when he has a little pain. Although, I don't act very understanding in those moments, I can understand a little. Secondly, how does everyone else deal with this worry? I don't think I am on my own here as a mom. Is there any hope that I will stop thinking like this? What can I do?

3 comments:

  1. HAHA! She can fit her whole fist into her mouth?!? All parents, especially moms, worry about the safety of their kids. The first time I got a full nights sleep after Alyssa was born, I ran to her room in the morning positive that she wouldn't be breathing. I don't know how you make it go away. I think after awhile you just get used to it. I've learned that kids are stonger than we think they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with ^
    And that picture is priceless:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could help Jane feel better (and you and Jeff too). I also love the picture and that she can fit her fist in her mouth. At least you don't need to worry that she can choke since she could just reach her hand down there and get out whatever gets stuck! :)

    ReplyDelete